Sunday 20 October 2013

Josh Hutcherson: 'Hunger Games camouflage scene was laughable'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a524124/josh-hutcherson-hunger-games-camouflage-scene-was-laughable.html
I'm posting this article as I'm always keeping up with all things hunger games. Josh  Hutcherson has now done an interview and has stated "The camouflage of Peeta in the book is not funny, but then when you have me with clay on my face, lying there half dead, and I turn my face to the camera - it's so laughable. It's impossible not to laugh."
I have read the book and watched the film and thought that even thought specific elements of the book were lacking in the film I still love the film. In the book Peeta's survival is very serious ; has you scared and emotionally connected but I have to admit in the film the scene received a blurt of laughs. I think this may be because once a scene has been placed in front of you and from out of your min the magic from the book can fade. When watching again it still has a little giggle but then can be scene as creepy and is slowly scaring me !!
Im surprised such a scene has made it to the cinemas without Josh having a smirk on his face. This just proves how a good actor can bring so much to a film and result in its success.

No comments:

Post a Comment