Saturday 19 October 2013

Cloned: The Recreator Chronicles Film Review 2012 Includes Spoilers!!!!

Link for More Info Cloned: The Recreator Chronicles Film Review on IMDB
"Sci-fi with a double-dose of action. Three teenagers stumble upon a secret lab that appears to have spawned genetically superior doppelgangers of each of them, and the clones are out to kill. (2012)"Info from http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=Recreator&episode=292510

I watched this film today on the Horror channel and I enjoyed it. I did not know any of the actors but found them all talented as they tackled the role of doubling up as the clones. The story was a fairly good b movie in my eyes with a few twists and turns that kept it watchable. The ending is shocking as Craig choses clone Tracy who seems to truly love him instead of helping the original Tracy who throughout the film seemed to really dislike each other. I liked the idea behind the film that a scientists experiment could go wrong which would then lead to the disastrous results years later.
I really did love how each character had there own classic characteristics which made the film more unique as the contrast of characters began to get more complex and personal when face to face with their clones. I wouldn't watch this film again as its not a film that could withstand time. I think this because themes in the film are relevant to this era and as the film is only from 2012 can live another day for a few years but will cease to increase in popularity I also think this is because all the actors are unknown. Maybe if they become more famous in the future then Cloned will be revisited and maybe become a greater hit looking back on an actor. This just shows how having a well known liked actor in your film can effect the overall success. I wonder if this film would be more of a success if Tom Cruise was Craig? I think that its just another classic b movie that will be forgotten.What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment