Sunday 3 November 2013

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers Film Review

Yesterday I watched  film classic Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I never judge a film by its era and I'm really glad I don't as I loved watching this old timer.
Film Plot ; Eldest brother of seven, Adam sets out to find a wife and within the day he is married to the lovely Millie plays by Jane Powell who dreams of the typical marriage life and is not prepared to also look after Adams 6 rough housed brothers. Each show a gentle heart when Milly teaches them how to "court". For everyone that doesn't know this it means dating.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers really does show its era but at the same time shows that even though its 60th Anniversary next year the emotions and situations in both 1954 and 2013 are the same .
I loved the film because it was funny and a musical.
The film shows early film editing techniques such as fade ins and outs. A lot of dissolve shots were also used to go from one scene to the next.
The set of the film was brilliant and I loved the vast area that was shown in the film of the mountain range.
Russ Tamblyn circa 1950sMy favourite brother was Gideon played by Russ Tamblyn  as he was one of the youngest brothers with a cheeky smile and high spirit.
Milly: Don't you like girls?
Gideon: We ain't never hardly ever seen one.
undefined

Gideon Is also the one to drag Adam to senses near the end of the film with a lot of courage that was the winning punch for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment