Saturday 21 September 2013

The authors who hated the film versions of their books

I always loved the idea of The Shinning. Happy family Dad Mum and Son stay in a hotel ,built on an old Indian burial ground over the winter ; Dad goes mad and murder is array, but watching the film I felt something was lacking. I believed the deterioration of Jack Nicolson's character was not shown. Brilliant actor but edgy from the beginning didn't work for me.

Roald Dahl has also shared his dislike to the 1971 Charlie and the Chocolate adaptation with Gene Wilder. As a fan who has read both book and watched the film ;Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is still magically wonderful in film as it is on paper. I disagree with Dahl and believe that Gene Wilder was the perfect Wonka capturing his unique character.

Read more on what author's of both these articles think and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment