Monday 20 January 2014

Valentine's Day 2014: The North East's 14 favourite romantic films

I love a romantic film here are my favourite from The North East's 14 favourite romantic films for Valentine's Day .

"3. Dirty Dancing (1987, directed by Emile Ardolino)
Ah. I'm being careful not to dismiss too many of these films as predictable, because there is little more predictable than a 35-year-old woman listing this among her favourite films (romantic or not). If you were a schoolgirl in the 1980s you couldn't help but fall for Patrick Swayze's dashing Johnny Castle, a holiday camp summer season dance star who sweeps a young, impressionable but secretly steely Baby (Jennifer Grey) off her feet. The plot has little more than a holiday romance at its heart, but as a coming-of-age movie packed with moments we wish had happened to us, it can't be beaten. It also has the coolest soundtrack of any of my 14 short-listed films, including Swayze's own croon-tastic She's Like the Wind. "
undefined

Why I love Dirty Dancing
1) The music soundtrack to this film is amazing The Drifters Otis Redding and The Contours Do You Love Me
2) Patric Swayze
3) I love the dancing in Dirty Dancing typical as it may seem this film has influenced my life !






"9. Titanic (1997, directed by James Cameron)            
This epic disaster movie swept the board at the Oscars but if there'd been one for chemistry between leads, Kate Winslet and Leo di Caprio would have had a shot at that, too. They star as doomed lovers on the doomed ocean liner in a story which has well over 90 minutes of romance before, well, doom strikes. As a silly 18-year-old I cried buckets at the cinema; my more practical 35-year-old self now watches the ending in annoyance, because there was definitely room on that bit of mirror for the pair of them. "

undefined

I love Titanic as it is based on a real event. Don't worry I don't think that the love story was true but I just cant resist DiCaprio as Jack Dawson in Titanic.

Info and more from
Read all 14 here http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/valentines-day-2014-north-easts-6529867

No comments:

Post a Comment